Disability Information & Advice Line (DIAL)
We provide general disability advice and specific Disability Welfare benefits advice.
DISABILITY INFORMATION AND ADVICE
DIAL Wakefield has been providing free, confidential and impartial information and advice for thirty years. Some of our services include:
- A user led advice line
- Disability and carers benefit form filling service
- Blue Badge Hard Copy form completion
- Welfare rights
- Drop-in information service
- Face to face appointments with trained advisors
- Disability Appeal Tribunal advice and potential Representation
- Access to a large resource of published information
Please contact us if you would like to know more or if you have a question about your current situation or someone you care for.
Advice LineOur opening times are:-
Monday and Tuesday 10 - 12.00am & 1.00pm- 4.00pm.
Please leave a voicemail message outside these hours and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Contact us by phone on 01977 723933/34
Drop-in Information ServiceOur drop-in information service is available at our office Monday - Thursday 10 - 12:00am and 1:00 - 4pm. If you attend with a benefit form to complete you will need to make an appointment for its completion.
General disability information & adviceWe can advise and provide information on any aspect of disability or care including:
- Equipment and appliances
- Sport and leisure
- Community, voluntary and charitable services
- Self help groups
- Local welfare services
- Legislation and rights
- Motoring and travel
- Health and wellbeing